Monday, March 7, 2011

Quiet Book-- Finished Product!

I spent so much time creating the quiet books and documenting their progress only to "fall off the wagon" when it came time to post about it's completion!  If you want to see the process, checkout my other blog that I created just for it: http://valsquietbook.blogspot.com/ (I had to hide it from my sisters in law.... I wanted them to be surprised!)
So, without further ado, here's the final product... :) (you can click on the links in the caption to go to the post where I talked about how I created it, and how it came together with more detail, and see more detailed pictures... ok, enough "ado"..... )


The outside, I kept it simple. I wanted to add their names or something, but nothing ever "felt" right...:)


Page 1, Peek-a-boo


Page 1, open-- a pic of their family

Pages 2-3 -- On the Move

Pages 4-5-- zippers, and shapes
Pages 6-7, Noah's Ark and Tie My Shoe

Pages 8-9, Help Peter Catch the Fish and Put the Apples in the Basket

10-11: Help me get dressed
Page 12-13: Head Hunter


Page 14-15: Counting, My Family
Pages 16-17: Puzzles

18-19, Rocketship, Barn animals (finger puppets)

20-21: Make a Face


Pages 22-23: Alphabet Page
Page 24: Monster at the end of this book...

But the most exciting part of it all was giving it to my nephews (ok, so they are a bit young to even use them, but their parent's reactions were worth all the blood and sweat that went into these things!)

Danelle checking out the book, as you can see the nephew was busy doing something else, cause he didn't make it into the picture! :)


Niki checking out V's book, he wasn't quite mobile yet, soooo... he was a "captive audience"! :)
Anyhow, this was a great learning experience, and I am glad that I got the figure it out step by step and learn how to sew. I figure that now I can pretty much sew anything I put my mind to sewing after this. :) Thanks to my loving husband who put up with the hours it took to complete this project, not to mention the funding of it! (and he didn't even murmur a word about it!! what a great guy! :))


Parties I have linked up with:
Between 3 Sisters- Mid Month Motivation
Photobucket








giveawaysCherished Treasures”=Tip 
Junkie handmade projectscraft










Childmade
PhotobucketChic on a Shoestring Decorating

13 comments:

  1. This is such a cute project, you are an awesome Aunt! Your buttons look great! I am your newest follower, and would be thrilled if you followed me back.

    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much would you charge to make one for me? It is soooo cute! (I'm serious)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, thanks for the comment and compliment! If you are truly serious about me making one for you-- email me at vals_bacon at yahoo dot com.

    Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job! I've seen these around the web but none as detailed as yours. I bet the little guys will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Great work!

    I'd love to have you share at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! I'm sure you'll find some fun ideas while you are there! Come join the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!!! im actually in the process of making my son a quiet book right now!!! yours is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quiet book! It sure looks like you put a lot of work into it! I am sure the kids will appreciate them!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful gift! Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Valerie,
    Those turned out great! I love the head hunter page. I haven't seen that one before. Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday! I will be posting the next link party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and link up again this week!

    :)rachel at SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! You did an awesome job! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks AMAZING! You are an inspiration to me! I would love to make one, but wonder how long it would really take me...I'm so slow at things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is so impressive! Where did you get the mirrors for the last page? I want to get one to put in the quiet book I am making. Thanks for sharing your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, each one is read and appreciated! :)